|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Vancouver Clinic is seeking an experienced ultrasonographer to provide excellent patient care in our Imaging department at our Salmon creek location.|
Provides diagnostic studies, treatment and support to patients by performing specific diagnostic tests as ordered by providers. Has full knowledge of the indications, contraindications and hazards associated with procedures and services provided. Ensure accuracy of tests results, reports, and equipment by having a thorough understanding of tests and techniques. Maintains equipment in good working order.
|Duties:||• Explain procedure to patient and check to ensure understanding.|
• Assist with patient in preparing for exam (i.e. positioning, getting onto table).
• Follow patient protocols defined by department providers and outlined in department to provide consistent and high quality patient care.
• Provide reassurance and support to patient throughout procedure.
• Ensure understanding of discharge instructions before patient leaves care area.
• Identify patient concerns and potential risks in a timely manner.
• Ensure test quality and take corrective action where appropriate.
• Communicate scheduling changes and problems with lead or clinic manager in a timely, proactive manner.
• Communicate equipment repair needs with lead or clinic manager in a timely manner.
• Keep manager informed of scheduling and equipment concerns that effect test quality.
• Communicate all patient concerns and potential risks to the manager.
• Report all test results in unacceptable ranges to appropriate provider immediately.
• Seek assistance from manager when appropriate.
• Work with Radiology Patient Services Representatives to assure accuracy of appointment type and billing information.
• Document relevant information about patients on sonoreports for radiologists. Ensure entries are objective, factual, time specific, accurate, correctly spelled using generally accepted medical abbreviations and terminology.
• Present examination to radiologist for interpretation and dictation same day as test performed.
• Maintain system to assure all tests are read and interpreted in a timely manner.
• Technically proficient in basic understanding of equipment function and is able to trouble shoot.
• Daily-perform quality check of sterilization solution and log results.
• Perform routine cleaning of equipment according to vendor recommendations and Clinic Procedures.
• Maintain a complete inventory of supplies and equipment.
• Inform appropriate party when supplies need to be ordered.
|Qualifications:||II. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE|
• Graduate of an ARDMS accredited school of ultrasound strongly preferred.
• Must be RDMS eligible. RDMS registry to be acquired within twelve months of hire date and maintained during employment.
• Minimum of one year experience in ultrasound preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with patients and physicians in pressure situations while maintaining tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to work independently while functioning as a team member.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workflow independently.
• Ability to direct others in urgent and emergency situations.
• Previous experience in an outpatient medical setting or hospital preferred.
• Previous experience with electronic medical record preferred.
• Current Healthcare provider CPR BLS certification.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.